Merit Software Limited has a company number of 282606 and its registered office is at Eagle House, 16 Wentworth, Eblana Villas, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Meritsoft”)
Meritsoft is a business to business service provider and does not intentionally market its services to individual consumers, sole traders or partnerships. Meritsoft does provide certain information by email for which certain individual corporate contact information is retained. Such direct marketing communications include links allowing recipients to unsubscribe from future email communications. Meritsoft also may use the personal data you provide through Meritsoft’s website to contact you to respond to your business or careers enquiries, to contact your business about information relating to Meritsoft’s or any of its affiliate’s products and services from time to time or to collate usage data.
We may share your Personal Data with any member of the Meritsoft group of companies.
How do we use your personal data?
We may process your personal data for Meritsoft’s Legitimate Interests, which include some or all of the following:
- direct marketing to provide communications which Meritsoft think will be of relevance to you;
- network and information systems security/data analytics/enhancing;
- to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services / communications for the benefit of Meritsoft’s customers; and / or
- identifying website usage trends/determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
“Legitimate Interests” means the interests of Meritsoft in conducting and managing its business to enable Meritsoft to give your company the best service/products. For example, we have an interest in making sure our marketing is relevant for your company, so we may process your information to send you marketing that is tailored to your interests. It can also apply to processing that is in your interests as well. For example, we may process your information to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
When we process your personal data for our Legitimate Interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you, and your rights under data protection laws. Our Legitimate Interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless otherwise required or permitted to by law).
How long will we retain your personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, e.g. ongoing direct marketing. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
Transferring personal data outside the EU
We do not envisage that we will transfer the personal data we collect about you to outside the EU. However, if we do so, to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection we will put in place appropriate measures to ensure that your personal datais treated in a way that is consistent with and which respects the EU and local laws on data protection.
What are your rights with respect to your information?
You have the following rights:
- The right to access the information we hold about you.
- The right to require us to rectify any inaccurate information about you without undue delay.
- The right to have us erase any information we hold about you in circumstances such as where it is no longer necessary for us to hold the information for your use of our services or if you have withdrawn your consent to the processing.
- The right to object to us processing information about you such as processing for profiling or direct marketing.
- The right to ask us to provide your information to you in a portable format or, where technically feasible, for us to port that information to another provider provided it does not result in a disclosure of information relating to other people.
- The right to request a restriction of the processing of your information.
Where our processing of your information is based on your consent to that processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time but any processing that we have carried out before you withdrew your consent remains lawful.
You may exercise any of the above rights or make any general enquiries related to this Privacy Notice by contacting Meritsoft at firstname.lastname@example.org. To stop receiving all direct marketing communications from Meritsoft please:
- click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you; or
- email us at email@example.com if you do not want your information used for further marketing contact.
We will then stop sending you any further emails. Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
You may lodge a complaint with your local Supervisory Authority with respect to our processing of your information. The local Supervisory Authority in:
(i) Ireland is the Data Protection Commissioner; see www.dataprotection.ie;
(ii) the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office; see www.ico.org.uk